Do you think you have what it takes to land a New York literary agent, lock in a publisher and be a next New York Times best-seller?
Our contest has ended for this season.
OUR NEXT CONTEST FOR 2017 BEGINS JULY 4th, 2017 and ENDS OCTOBER 9th (Columbus Day.) Please see/scroll below this year’s winning names for submission guidelines…
IN THE CATEGORY OF FICTION for the 2016-2017 season, the WINNER is:
First place WINNER:
CRAIG J. MILLARD, Stolen Assets
AL DAWSON, Finding Noriko
JOHN SIZEMORE, Professor at Palm Beach Atlantic University, untitled project
IN THE CATEGORY OF NON-FICTION for 2016-2017 we did not have many submissions. The few we received were not strong enough to be considered for representation. However, we will be honoring Eleanor Caro, West Palm Beach, for her memoir Still Time. It seems it’s never too late (even at age 90) to see the world and follow your dreams. And, apparently, to enter a contest.
CONTEST FOR 2017 BEGINS JULY 4th. CONTEST ENDS OCTOBER 9th (Columbus Day.)
- Must be a resident of Palm Beach County
- Must be 18 years or older
- Two categories. Fiction and non-fiction – one winner from each category.
- Must not be previously published. If the submitted materials were self-published in any previous format they are not acceptable
- Contest deadline is to be Post-marked no later than October 10th.
Winners will be announced on or about November 1st on our website, Facebook and our social media outlets. And, by personal phone call to the winners of each category.
Winners will receive two VIP passes to the festival for 2018 and the opportunity to have their work considered by a top New York City literary agent.
PLEASE NOTE WE ARE NOT EDITORS.
OUR JUDGES ARE PROFESSIONAL WRITERS, AGENTS AND PUBLISHERS. WE WILL NOT BE PROVIDING FEEDBACK TO THE SUBMITTED MATERIAL UNLESS YOU ARE A FINALIST.
If you want your material returned please provide a SASE. (Self-addressed, stamped envelope)
- Up to 10 pages (only). Preferably a chapter or two of your manuscript.
- Please check your grammar and how a book proposal might look (you can find this online).
- Please do not staple your check to your entry pages.
- $50 Check made out to the Palm Beach Book Festival. We are a 501 C-3 non-profit. Your donation is tax deductible.
- Please include your full name, email and phone number on a cover/title page and which category – fiction or non-fiction – to:
Palm Beach Book Festival
PO Box 3069
Palm Beach FL 33480