Do you think you have what it takes to land a New York literary agent, lock in a publisher and be a next New York Times best-seller?
Our contest has begun. It ends October 9th Columbus Day weekend.
Please see/scroll below this year’s winning names for submission guidelines…
CONTESTBEGINS JULY 4th. CONTEST ENDS OCTOBER 9th (Columbus Day.)
- Must be a resident of Palm Beach County
- Must be 18 years or older
- Two categories. Fiction and non-fiction – one winner from each category.
- Must not be previously published. If the submitted materials were self-published in any previous format they are not acceptable
- Contest deadline is to be Post-marked no later than October 10th.
Winners will be announced on or about November 1st on our website, Facebook and our social media outlets. And, by personal phone call to the winners of each category.
Winners will receive two VIP passes to the festival for 2018 and the opportunity to have their work considered by a top New York City literary agent.
PLEASE NOTE WE ARE NOT EDITORS.
OUR JUDGES ARE PROFESSIONAL WRITERS, AGENTS AND PUBLISHERS. WE WILL NOT BE PROVIDING FEEDBACK TO THE SUBMITTED MATERIAL UNLESS YOU ARE A FINALIST.
If you want your material returned please provide a SASE. (Self-addressed, stamped envelope)
- Up to 10 pages (only). Preferably a chapter or two of your manuscript.
- Please check your grammar and how a book proposal might look (you can find this online).
- Please do not staple your check to your entry pages.
- $50 Check made out to the Palm Beach Book Festival. We are a 501 C-3 non-profit. Your donation is tax deductible.
- Please include your full name, email and phone number on a cover/title page and which category – fiction or non-fiction – to:
Palm Beach Book Festival
PO Box 3069
Palm Beach FL 33480